Year of Call: 1990
Clerk: Michael Lieberman
Adrian has 25 years of experience in civil litigation, combining a busy Commercial and Chancery practice with Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence work.
Adrian’s commercial and chancery practice includes expertise in partnership and business disputes relating to director’s fiduciary duties, and in real property including boundary issues and commercial landlord and tenant work.
Recent commercial and chancery cases have included:
- defending a complex multi-million pound partnership claim related to car dealerships, property development and companies, leading to success in the Court of Appeal (Yafai v Muthana  EWCA Civ 289)
- business ventures ranging from sale of competition horses to insurance brokerage
- professional negligence by architects and solicitors, including allegations of fraud
- commercial lease termination and renewal
- rent and dilapidations claims
- sale of goods and unregulated hire purchase
- adverse possession
- boundary disputes
- farming disputes
- nuisance from construction works
Adrian’s Personal Injury expertise includes dealing with high value claims and industrial disease cases. He has particular expertise in mining claims having representing the NUM and many of its members on frequent occasions including fatal accidents and inquests. In recent years Adrian has also been sought out for instructions relating to alleged fraudulent accident claims. In addition, Adrian has experience of Clinical Negligence cases such as historic failure to treat orthopaedic injury, delay in diagnosis of cancer, negligent surgical excision of cancer, negligent intestinal anastomosis, failure to detect endotracheal blockage, premature infant mortality, mismanagement of elderly patients and failures in care of secure patients.
As well as individuals, clients include small and medium sized businesses, insurers, local authorities and unions. Adrian has experience in courts up to the Court of Appeal, in various tribunals, at inquests, Joint Settlement Meetings and in Mediation. He read law at Trinity College, Cambridge and for the Bar at the Inns of Court School of Law. He accepts instructions under the Bar Council’s Public Access Scheme.
Adrian is an ADR Group Accredited Civil & Commercial Mediator.