Next week’s update will be issued on Thursday 7 May 2020 due to the Bank Holiday on Friday 8 May 2020.
- Where courts and tribunals are closed, we’ll contact parties directly to confirm new hearing arrangements. We’ll contact those parties whose hearings were scheduled to happen first, and work our way through the list as quickly as possible. Please be patient while we do this, and avoid making contact if you can.
- We’re continuing to avoid physical hearings and arranging remote hearings wherever possible. Anyone who requires technical support for a telephone or video hearing can call 0330 8089405
- Our South East region will only be taking calls between 10am to 2pm in all jurisdictions (with the exceptions on the next line)
- Chelmsford, Norwich, Ipswich and Basildon Crown Courts are temporarily unable to answer calls. The recorded message will advise you what to do
- Crown Courts are dealing with a range of work, much of which is being done remotely. This includes sentencing hearings and all urgent applications including applications for bail and applications to extend custody time limits. Pre-trial preparation hearings and further case management hearings are also taking place
- We are making plans to start high priority sentencing cases, particularly for domestic abuse offences, and DVPOs
- All questions about paying an outstanding criminal court fine should be sent to our National Compliance and Enforcement Service at NCESBCT@justice.gov.uk or call 0300 123 9252
- Various user help guides published: Administrative Appeals Chamber, Employment Tribunals, General Regulatory Chamber, Health, Education and Social Care Chamber (First-Tier Tribunal): Special Education Needs & Disability, Care Standards and Primary Health Lists, Health, Education and Social Care Chamber (First-Tier Tribunal): Mental Health, Immigration and Asylum Chamber, Lands Chamber, Property Chamber, Tax and Chancery Chamber (Upper Tier), Tax Chamber First Tier and War Pensions and Armed Forces Compensation Chamber, Property Chamber
Royal Courts of Justice
- The High Court is covering work according to the High Court Contingency Plan. More detailed guidance for the Administrative Court Office. Administrative Court Office guidance (PDF, 270KB, 4 pages) Queen's Bench guidance (PDF, 394KB, 3 pages) More detailed guidance for the Queen’s Bench. Queen's Bench guidance - Interim Applications Court (PDF, 166KB, 1 page) Queen's Bench guidance - Bulletin 1 (PDF, 258KB, 3 pages) Queen's Bench guidance - Bulletin 2 (PDF, 407KB, 3 pages) Queen's Bench guidance - Bulletin 3 (PDF, 241KB, 1 page) Queen's Bench guidance - Bulletin 4 (PDF, 261KB, 2 pages) Queen's Bench guidance - Bulletin 5 (PDF, 168KB, 2 pages) Queen's Bench guidance - Bulletin 6 (PDF, 169KB, 2 pages) Queen's Bench guidance - Bulletin 7 (PDF, 180KB, 2 pages)
Judicial Office has published a number of important updates by jurisdiction