HMCTS weekly operational update: 24 April 2020
From Friday 24 April 2020 are issuing weekly updates on our opertional position and we’ll email our subscribers each Sunday evening with a reminder. On Monday mornings we’ll also publish a link to the weekly update on Twitter.
You can see our previously issued daily operational updates.
Follow us on @HMCTSgovuk to also check for daily or urgent updates.
We’ll keep this under review.
- Where courts and tribunals are closed, we’ll contact parties directly to confirm new hearing arrangements. We’ll contact those parties whose hearings were scheduled to happen first, and work our way through the list as quickly as possible. Please be patient while we do this, and avoid making contact if you can.
- Our Courts and Tribunals Service Centres will be available from 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 4pm on Fridays until further notice
- Our South East region will only be taking calls between 10am to 2pm in all jurisdictions (with the exceptions on the next line)
- Chelmsford, Norwich, Ipswich and Basildon Crown Courts are temporarily unable to answer calls. The recorded message will advise you what to do
- We’re continuing to avoid physical hearings and arranging remote hearings wherever possible. Anyone who requires technical support for a telephone or video hearing can call 0330 8089405
- Crown Courts are dealing with a range of work, much of which is being done remotely. This includes sentencing hearings and all urgent applications including applications for bail and applications to extend custody time limits. Pre-trial preparation hearings and further case management hearings are also taking place
- Since 19 March 2020 Single Justice Procedure cases – other than some police road traffic cases - have been suspended. Decisions on those cases already listed will be delayed, as will all cases where there has been a not guilty plea
- All questions about paying an outstanding criminal court fine should be sent to our National Compliance and Enforcement Service at NCESBCT@justice.gov.uk or call 0300 123 9252
- Various user help guides published: Administrative Appeals Chamber, Employment Tribunals, General Regulatory Chamber, Health, Education and Social Care Chamber (First-Tier Tribunal): Special Education Needs & Disability, Care Standards and Primary Health Lists, Health, Education and Social Care Chamber (First-Tier Tribunal): Mental Health, Social Entitlement Chamber (First-Tier Tribunal): Social Security and Child Support, Criminal Injuries Compensation, Asylum Support, Immigration and Asylum Chamber, Lands Chamber, Property Chamber, Tax and Chancery Chamber (Upper Tier), Tax Chamber First Tier and War Pensions and Armed Forces Compensation Chamber
Royal Courts of Justice
- The High Court is covering work according to the High Court Contingency Plan. More detailed guidance for the Administrative Court Office. Administrative Court Office guidance (PDF, 270KB, 4 pages) Queen's Bench guidance (PDF, 394KB, 3 pages) More detailed guidance for the Queen’s Bench. Queen's Bench guidance - Interim Applications Court (PDF, 166KB, 1 page) Queen's Bench guidance - Bulletin 2 (PDF, 407KB, 3 pages) Queen's Bench guidance - Bulletin 3 (PDF, 241KB, 1 page) Queen's Bench guidance - Bulletin 4 (PDF, 261KB, 2 pages) Queen's Bench guidance - Bulletin 5 (PDF, 168KB, 2 pages) Queen's Bench guidance - Bulletin 6 (PDF, 169KB, 2 pages)