Covid-19 Update at 24th March: Chambers now working Remotely
9 Park Place Chambers
COVID-19 Update: Notification of Chambers Working Remotely with Immediate Effect.
Further to the Prime Minister’s address to the nation last night, we have taken the decision to switch to remote working with immediate effect. This was highlighted as a future option in our email of 19th March in which we detailed the Business Continuity steps which we had already then taken.
All calls to our switchboard being dealt with remotely. When you dial 029 2038 2731 you will be given four options. If you are not sure who you need to speak to, or don’t think the options apply please press Option 1.
- Option 1: Reception
- Option 2: Civil Case Enquiries
- Option 3: Criminal Case Enquiries
- Option 4: Family Case Enquiries
In the alternative please see below a list of selected staff contacts – their DDIs are diverted to them remotely:
- Michael Lieberman (Senior Clerk): 02920 347 189 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nigel East (Criminal Clerk): 02920 347 190 email@example.com
- James Watson (Lead Family Clerk): 02920 347 193 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lee Fifield (Assistant Family Clerk): 02920 347 192 email@example.com
- Sally Heffernan (Civil Clerk): 02920 347 161 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Owen Samways (Junior Clerk): 02920 347 191 email@example.com
Please be assured that we remain very much open for business but clearly there are now some unavoidable restrictions on how we can deliver our service.
- From today for us to be able to accept instructions to appear in any court hearing we will ideally require papers in electronic format. If that is not going to be possible (and we fully appreciate that you are working under the same restrictions as us) please speak to a member of the clerking team;
- The transfer (receipt / sending) of physical papers is going to be necessarily curtailed whilst the government restrictions are in force;
- In-person conferences are no longer possible. Phone / Skype options are available – please speak to the clerks;
- We request that all payments due to counsel at this time are made by BACS to the account number detailed on all our fee notes.
If you have any comments / queries or concerns please speak to Michael or, if he is unavailable, Nigel. We appreciate your understanding at this challenging time, are grateful for the help we have already received and look forward to continue to be of service.
Paul Hopkins QC, Head of Chambers.
Michael Lieberman, Senior Clerk.
March 24th 2020 at 12noon.